Veramaris expands team to accelerate global market development
- New employees from across the globe joined Veramaris recently
- Veramaris present at the North Atlantic Seafood Forum in Bergen, Norway and the Seafood Expo North America, Boston, USA
- Construction of facility in Blair, Nebraska, proceeding according to plan
Veramaris has completed the hiring process for its global business development team. Six seasoned professionals have recently joined Dutch-based firm Veramaris to accelerate the launch of its natural marine algal oil rich in the two essential omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA for sustainable animal nutrition. They are experienced in aquaculture, human nutrition, and stakeholder dialogues across the value chain:
- Ian Carr, Global Business Development Director
- Lalen Dogan, Asia Pacific Business Development Director
- Gaelle Husser, Global Business Development Director
- Christian Martin, Global Business Development Director
- Steven Severino, New Business Development Director
- Jorge Torres, Latin America Business Development Director
The new team will strengthen the market position and roll-out of Veramaris’ natural marine algal oil, globally. “I am looking forward to working with our highly committed and experienced talents on solving the global challenge of reconciling economic growth with the urgent need to conserve finite natural resources. Collaborating with partners along the value chain, we will together do our best to support the sustainability of aquaculture, to provide healthy and nutritious food for all”, says Karim Kurmaly, Chief Executive Officer at Veramaris.
Veramaris produces its natural marine algal oil at three sites on two continents, North America and Europe. The third and largest facility in Blair, Nebraska, is currently under construction and expected to come on stream mid-2019 to supply commercial quantities of algal oil. Veramaris’ highly concentrated algal oil will, enable the aquaculture industry to keep up with the increasing demand for omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA, and reduce its dependence on fish oil obtained from wild fish stocks.
Customers and interested parties will have the opportunity to meet the new Veramaris team at the North Atlantic Seafood Forum 2019 in Bergen, Norway, as well as at Seafood Expo North America in Boston, USA:
- Veramaris will be contributing to the North Atlantic Seafood Forum, 5-7 March 2019. Veramaris CEO Karim Kurmaly will be speaking at the NASF Sustainability Workshop on March 7th, 9am-1pm, to outline how novel and sustainable feed ingredients such as Veramaris’ omega-3 EPA & DHA from natural marine algae help the continued growth of aquaculture and support the Salmon Brand-Promise.
- At Seafood Expo North America, 17-19 March 2019, Veramaris will be exhibiting at booth # 3175. On March 17, 5pm - 7pm, Veramaris will host a reception in collaboration with Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) and Seafood for the Future. Sign up for the Veramaris reception today at: http://www.cvent.com/d/m6ql3b
Interested in scheduling a meeting with the new team of Veramaris? Please find more information at: https://www.veramaris.com/who-we-are-detail.html#ourteam
Veramaris Media contacts
Follow us on
Veramaris is expanding access to sustainable Omega-3 that’s rich in both EPA & DHA with the world’s first ASC-MSC-certified microalgae oil for fish and shrimp feed.
From our headquarters in Delft, Netherlands to our advanced production facility in Blair, Nebraska, we collaborate with value chain partners to support the entire seafood industry in both creating and capturing value.
From the scientist to the shopper, Veramaris algal oil delivers confidence and ease of use to mitigate Omega-3 supply risk, and attain better performance, less waste, and higher quality seafood.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Veramaris doesn’t assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.