Veramaris expands team to accelerate global market development
- New employees from across the globe joined Veramaris recently
- Veramaris present at the North Atlantic Seafood Forum in Bergen, Norway and the Seafood Expo North America, Boston, USA
- Construction of facility in Blair, Nebraska, proceeding according to plan
Veramaris has completed the hiring process for its global business development team. Six seasoned professionals have recently joined Dutch-based firm Veramaris to accelerate the launch of its natural marine algal oil rich in the two essential omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA for sustainable animal nutrition. They are experienced in aquaculture, human nutrition, and stakeholder dialogues across the value chain:
- Ian Carr, Global Business Development Director
- Lalen Dogan, Asia Pacific Business Development Director
- Gaelle Husser, Global Business Development Director
- Christian Martin, Global Business Development Director
- Steven Severino, New Business Development Director
- Jorge Torres, Latin America Business Development Director
The new team will strengthen the market position and roll-out of Veramaris’ natural marine algal oil, globally. “I am looking forward to working with our highly committed and experienced talents on solving the global challenge of reconciling economic growth with the urgent need to conserve finite natural resources. Collaborating with partners along the value chain, we will together do our best to support the sustainability of aquaculture, to provide healthy and nutritious food for all”, says Karim Kurmaly, Chief Executive Officer at Veramaris.
Veramaris produces its natural marine algal oil at three sites on two continents, North America and Europe. The third and largest facility in Blair, Nebraska, is currently under construction and expected to come on stream mid-2019 to supply commercial quantities of algal oil. Veramaris’ highly concentrated algal oil will, enable the aquaculture industry to keep up with the increasing demand for omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA, and reduce its dependence on fish oil obtained from wild fish stocks.
Customers and interested parties will have the opportunity to meet the new Veramaris team at the North Atlantic Seafood Forum 2019 in Bergen, Norway, as well as at Seafood Expo North America in Boston, USA:
- Veramaris will be contributing to the North Atlantic Seafood Forum, 5-7 March 2019. Veramaris CEO Karim Kurmaly will be speaking at the NASF Sustainability Workshop on March 7th, 9am-1pm, to outline how novel and sustainable feed ingredients such as Veramaris’ omega-3 EPA & DHA from natural marine algae help the continued growth of aquaculture and support the Salmon Brand-Promise.
- At Seafood Expo North America, 17-19 March 2019, Veramaris will be exhibiting at booth # 3175. On March 17, 5pm - 7pm, Veramaris will host a reception in collaboration with Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) and Seafood for the Future. Sign up for the Veramaris reception today at: http://www.cvent.com/d/m6ql3b
Interested in scheduling a meeting with the new team of Veramaris? Please find more information at: https://www.veramaris.com/who-we-are-detail.html#ourteam
Veramaris Media contacts
Follow us on
Veramaris, headquartered in Delft, The Netherlands, is a joint venture between DSM and Evonik, both world leaders in science and specialty chemicals. Established in 2018, Veramaris was formed to help realise a vision to conserve natural marine life by using the ocean's own resource, natural marine algae, to sustainably expand the world's access to Omega-3.
Veramaris extracts oil from natural marine algae, rich in both the essential Omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA, and also ARA, a long chain Omega-6, vital nutrients for improved brain, heart and eye health in both animals and humans.
The zero-waste industrial scale production process runs at a state-of-the-art site in Blair, Nebraska, USA.
Veramaris enables key stakeholders in aquaculture and pet nutrition to become independent of wild-caught fish and meet the growing demand for sustainable seafood and animal protein.
This information and any recommendations, technical or otherwise, are presented in good faith and believed to be correct as of the date prepared. Recipients of this information and recommendations must make their own determination as to its suitability for their purposes. VERAMARIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF VERAMARIS IS AWARE OF SUCH PURPOSE) WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS PROVIDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL VERAMARIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELIANCE UPON, OR USE OF, ANY INFORMATION OR RECOMMENDATIONS PROVIDED HEREIN. Reference to any trade names used by other companies is neither a recommendation nor an endorsement of the corresponding product and does not imply that similar products could not be used. Veramaris reserves the right to make any changes to the information and/or recommendations at any time, without prior or subsequent notice.